Il bunker, ambiente nascosto e deposito di avvenimenti storici e microstorie private, è al centro di un progetto che vuole evidenziarne l'uso originario e il successivo abbandono, fino al suo recupero sotto forma di contenitore storico silenzioso. Il progetto Bunker si propone e si sviluppa per definire un nuovo concetto di bunker legato alla contemporaneità e alle visioni che questo luogo nascosto evoca: uno spazio quotidiano in cui ci si può salvare e che appartiene a tutti, seppure con variabili emotive e necessità divergenti.
Bunker is an open artistic project based in local territory related to the bunker concept, which will be realized through the use of communicative forms of contemporary art: audio, video, photos and installations. The artistic project initially began and was consolidated after an in-depth historical research on the bunker as well as workshops involving public citizens and institutions interested in the project.
The exhibition centers and events will take place in the Municipality of Dalmine and throughout the Province of Bergamo.
The realization of the project is divided into three phases: a first phase of research, a second phase of realization in artistic workshops around the territory, a third phase of presenting results to the public: exhibitions, publications, advertising campaign, scientific conference. The project has an annual duration and involves the cities of Dalmine, Bergamo and surrounding province.
- To promote a culture of the territory through work published online.
- To involve the local populace in a cultural-artistic itinerary with particular attention reserved to the role of women.
- To sensitize the public opinion on the themes taken into consideration through press, diffusion of videos and posters.
- To realize and promote a project of contemporary art inserted within the social fabric.
- To evaluate the historical heritage that is still submerged in bunkers throughout the territory.
- To open several historical bunkers to the public.
- To produce a book that illustrates and documents the Bunker under a historical and artistic profile.
- To organize a conference on the bunker theme for presenting the results reached through artistic works and historical research.
– To present proposals to the Councils of Dalmine and Bergamo concerning the evaluation of anti-aircraft shelters as part of an historical-architectural heritage.